Just like Nyama Choma, Kenyan’s have perfected grilled chicken, or as we like to call it, Kuku Choma. Perfect for Sunday afternoons with the boys with a couple of beers or whether you’re hosting a few carnivores over for a barbecue party, this recipe will have tongues wagging and tummies yearning for more!
- 12 Chicken wings
- 2 Lemons (juiced)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic (pressed)
- 1 tablespoon Onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon All spice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place wings in a large heat proof dish that can be placed on the bbq at a later time. A dish with a lid is great but alluminium foil works also.
- Mix together all the remaining ingredients and rub over the wings to coat well. Tip all the liquid into the bottom of the dish and cover in fridge over night.
- Heat the grill on your bbq to high with the lid (or aluminium foil) on, place the dish on the grill and allow to boil for 15 minutes turning once.
- Take the dish off the heat and now place the wings themselves on the grill.
- Use the left over liquid and a spoon to baste the wings occasionally and turn regularlly to avoid burning (be careful as basting will produce a small flame, but you look cool doing it). Cook for 15 minutes or untill golden brown.