LOCALBUZZ

Know What's Happening Where You Are!

Scroll Down

Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip


0 By Localbuzz 15 Jan 2016 under Movies & Theatre

Music manager Dave (Jason Lee) is not only enjoying a burgeoning career, but a blossoming romance with Samantha (Kimberly Williams-Paisley), a beautiful doctor who works in the emergency room. Through a series of misunderstandings, the chipmunks start to believe that a marriage proposal is on the horizon. Dreading the thought of an antagonistic stepbrother (Josh Green), Alvin (Justin Long), Theodore and Simon embark on a cross-country odyssey to prevent their best pal from ruining their lives.
 
Release dateDecember 18, 2015 (USA)
Running time1h 32m
MPAA ratingPG, G
A mostly harmless yet plenty rough assemblage of musical numbers and rote chases that barely add up to a movie. Full review
Andrew Barker·Variety
Puns that can be constructed from “chip” or “munk” represent roughly 80 percent of the creative inspiration behind the Alvin And The Chipmunks films. The other 20 percent is the coinage “Squeakquel.” Full review
Jesse Hassenger·A.V. Club
Kids will love Chipmunk road caper, parents won't hate it, either.Full review
Katherine Pushkar·New York Daily News
Now would be an excellent time for parents of young children to invest in earplugs. Full review
Neil Genzlinger·New York Times